Sullivan County Manuscript Collection 0030
Archives and History Division
Sullivan County Department of Archives and Tourism
3425 Highway 126, Suite 100
Blountville, Tennessee 37617
Tony Marion Collection, 1872-1893 (not inclusive).
Sullivan County Manuscript Collection 0030.
Material in English.
Archives and History Division, Sullivan County Department of Archives and Tourism, Blountville, Tennessee.
The collection was donated by Tony Marion to the Archives and History Division, Sullivan County Department of Archives and Tourism in September 2007.
The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials.
Shelia Steele Hunt processed the collection and developed the finding aid in September 2007.
ACCESS AND RESTRICTIONS
There are no restrictions on use of this manuscript collection for research purposes. It is the responsibility of the individual user to ascertain copyright restrictions, obtain permissions and to prepare proper citation and credit statements. The researcher assumes all legal responsibility for observing laws of copyright and common law literary rights.
This collection should be cited as:
Tony Marion Collection, 1872-1893. MSS 0030, Archives and History Division, Sullivan County Department of Archives and Tourism, Blountville, Tennessee.
SCOPE AND CONTENT
This collection contains receipts, cancelled checks from c. 1872-1893 (not inclusive). Surnames include Spurgeon, Morell [Morrell], Campbell, Harr, Anderson. Documents pertain largely to Sullivan Co., TN.
Washington County (Va.)
Sullivan County (Tenn.)--History.
Sullivan County (Tenn.)--Genealogy.
- Cancelled checks and receipts of C. C. English, Bristol, Tennessee, 1887-1893 (not inclusive).
- Receipt for highway tax, received from G. W. Spurgeon by M. H. Morell, 1883.
- Receipt for taxes for year 1890 in District 6, received of Mrs. Margaret E. Spurgeon by E. S. Worley, Trustee.
- Receipt for taxes for year 1872, received of W. B. Campbell, Goodson Township, Washington Co., VA.
- Promissory note, at Blountville, Tennessee, note from William D. Harr to pay to Will S. Anderson, 1888.
Numerous other collections are currently "in processing".
Return to Manuscripts index.