Get your FREE EVENT LISTING here!
Have an event you'd like to add to our listings? We got you covered, and best of all, it's free! If you have an upcoming regional event, send us an email with "Event Registration" in the subject line. We're happy to help! And be sure to
Share this page with your friends on Facebook!
December 9, 2016 - Christmas Spectacular - Farm and Fun Time!
7 PM, Dec. 9, 2016, Birthplace of Country Music Musceum. Christmas Spectacular featuring Larry Sparks with Host band Bill and the Belles. $30 Per person.
Click here to buy tickets.
December 9-10, 2016 - Rocky Mount Candlelight Christmas
Rocky Mount Museum’s “A Candlelight Christmas” tours are a chance to look back at a simpler time and a simpler celebration. Guests will travel back to Christmas Eve of 1791 where the Cobb home is adorned with handmade decorations of greenery and lit by candles. Meet the Cobb family, Governor Blount and his family, and many of the Cobb family’s friends and neighbors. Listen to the stories of firing the anvil, the kissing ball, poor man’s punch, and more. Watch the dances of the time and even be invited to join in. Tap your toes and clap your hands to the traditional music being played. Smell the apple fritters frying in the kitchen, the pies waiting to be eaten in the dining room, and the smoke of the bonfire. At the end of the tour, warm up in our reception area with coffee or hot chocolate and other goodies. “A Candlelight Christmas” is a new way to come and see an old favorite. This tour is completely different from our daily tour and captures a different side of life in 1791. Come feel the warmth of the fire on your skin and the warmth of the season in your heart. Start a new tradition this year by attending our “A Candlelight Christmas” tour. Tours begin at 4:30 each evening (Dec. 2nd, 3rd, 9th, and 10th) and leave the Visitor’s Center every fifteen minutes. Guests will have to travel outside to get to the historic home and other buildings so make sure to dress for the weather. The tour lasts approximately an hour and a half and costs $10 for adults and $8 for children ages 5 and up.
Reservations are strongly encouraged, although walk-in visitors are welcome. Group rates are available for groups of twelve or more people. In order to receive group rates, reservations are required.
Reservations are now being taken. To make a reservation or for more information, call (423) 538-7396 or 888-538-1791.
December 9-11, 2016 - Netherland Inn/Hammond House Christmas
Two of Kingsport’s historic sites will celebrate the Christmas holidays in traditions that date as far back as the 1820’s when Richard and Margaret Netherland hosted friends and family for a lavish party complete with beautiful decorations, good food, and lively music. 1818 Christmas at the Inn will take place Friday and Saturday, December 9 and 10, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., and Sunday, December 11, from 2:00-4:00. Elizabeth and Caroline Burch will perform on Friday night; Poplar Hill Reunion Band will be featured on Saturday night; and the Ben Ellis Band will play on Sunday afternoon. Friday and Saturday nights Civil War re-enactors from the John S. Mosby Camp, Sons of Confederate Veterans will portray living history characters from the area and will interact with guests as they tell about the area’s part in the war. Bill and Margaret Pettis of Rogersville will arrive in character as friends of Richard and Margaret Netherland. Tickets for the event are $10 per person (children six and under free with a paying adult) and are available at the door or in the visitors’ center cabin at the parking lot during the event. On Sunday afternoon, December 11, from 2:00-4:00, Hammond House will host a Christmas celebration with Victorian era refreshments. John and Joy Mullen will provide the music and lead Christmas carols around the organ. Local Girl Scout troops will provide decorations and trim the tree. Make plans now to attend these celebrations to enjoy the beautiful period natural decorations designed and provided by Kingsport garden clubs and volunteers, to partake of delicious food, and to hear seasonal music. Visit with living history characters from Kingsport’s past. All proceeds from these events go toward maintenance and restoration of the Netherland Inn and Boatyard complex and the Hammond House as well as toward adding to the historic campuses. In addition be being the birthplace of Kingsport, the Netherland Inn is the only site on the national Register of Historic Places to have been both a boatyard and a stagecoach stop. For more information please call 423-677-3263 (Netherland Inn) or 423-245-5523 (Hammond House).
December 10, 2016 - Blountville Ruritan Annual Christmas Parade!
2 PM, Saturday, December 10, 2016. Blountville Ruitan Annual Christmas Parade in downtown Blountville. Registration is not required, and parade entrants will line up at Keystone Drive beginning at 1 PM. Participants are encouraged to have entries with a Christmas theme. The parade route will begin at Keystone Drive, continuing through downtown Blountville and ending at the Historic Sullivan County Courthouse. Event is sponsored by the Blountville Ruritan. The event is free and open to the general public.
December 10, 2016 - Christmas at the Old Deery Inn and Museum
1 PM to 5 PM, Sat., Dec., 10, 2016. Please join us for a real Holiday treat at the Old Deery Inn and Museum in downtown Blountville on Saturday, December 10. The Inn will be adorned with period decorations and will be a delight for the entire family!
December 10, 2016 - Bluff City Annual Christmas Parade!
5 PM, Main Street, downtown Bluff City, Tennessee. Come join us for the Bluff City Annual Christmas Parade. This year's them is "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree". Parade starts at 5 PM. Float lineup begins at 4 PM at Bluff City Middle School. Emergency vehicles will line up at the Elementary School, and cars will ine up behind the Methodist Church on Smith Street.
Judges Choice Awards for Floats
1st Place $100
- 2nd Place $50
- 3rd Place $25
December 9-11, 2016 - 1818 Christmas at the Inn
Netherland Inn on Netherland Inn Road, Kingsport, TN.
December 16-18, 2016 - Kingsport Ballet - The Nutcracker
Showtimes: Fri., Dec. 16, 7 PM;
Sat., Dec. 17th, 7 PM;
Sun., Dec. 18th, 2:30 PM.
Wellmont Performing Arts Center at Northeast State, Blountville, TN.
For Tickets: 423-378-3967.
- Blountville Farmers Market, 12 Noon, each Thurs., April through October, located behind the old Sullivan County Courthouse at Blountville. Info at 423.323.4660.
- Cooper's Gem Mine, 11 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday, and 12 Noon to 5 PM on Saturdays, from the 1st of April through October 31. For group tours and information, please call (423) 323-5680. Beginning in October 2015, an online store will be available at coopersgemmine.com and will include natural artifacts.
- Kingsport Farmers Market, 7 AM to 1 PM, Wednesdays and Saturdays, corner of Clinchfield and Center Streets. Info at 423.246.6550.
- Bristol Farmers Market, May 1 thru October 31, Saturdays 7 AM to Noon, and Wednesdays 3 PM to 7 PM.
- Antique Car Show, Friday nights, 6 PM to 8 PM, May thru October, 2012, TriSummit Bank parking lot across from the train station in downtown Bristol. Info at 423.646.7780.
- Appalachian Ghostwalks, ongoing daily/nightly tours. Reservations required. Interested parties should call (423) 743-WALK (9255) for reservations.
- Netherland Inn, Open Saturday and Sunday - May through October.
Hours: 2p.m. to 4p.m. Admission: Adults $4.00 and age 6 and under $1.00.
Group Tours: April through October by appointment- School, Civic and Church Groups Welcome!
- Old Deery Inn and Museum. Step back in time as you visit this lovely hidden gem in downtown Historic Blountville! Tours include rooms of beautiful antiques inside the 2-story inn, and visitors will also enjoy seeing the dependency buildings including the old brick kitchen, slave quarters, blacksmith shop and more! A must-see for early Tennessee history! Tickets are $5 per person; children under 12 are $3. (423) 323-4660.
- Sons of the Confederate Veterans, John Singleton Mosby Camp #1409, meets at 6PM, 4th Monday of each month, Mama's House Buffet, John B. Dennis Parkway, Kingsport, TN.
- Sons of the Confederate Veterans, Lt. Stephen Powell Camp, meets at 7PM, 3rd Monday of each month, 2nd Floor Commission Room, Sullivan County Courthouse, Blountville.
- Sullivan County Historical and Genealogical Society meets at 7PM, 3rd Thursday evening of each month, 2nd Floor Commission Room, Sullivan County Courthouse, downtown Blountville. Free admission. General public is cordially invited. (423) 323-4660.
- TAMHA Traditional Appalachian Music Heritage Association holds jam sessions at 6PM every Friday at the Anderson Townhouse in historic downtown Blountville. Jams are also held from 2-4 PM at the Bristol Tennessee Welcome Center on the 2nd Saturday of the month. Free and open to the general public.
- Mountain Mysteries Bus Tours -
An exciting year-round adventure. Explore the mysteries of your mountain heritage... Get ready for a fun group or family adventure that you'll treasure for a lifetime! The Appalachian GhostWalks Tour Bus is now available for regional tour and charter services for groups of five, or more, up to a maximum of fourteen of your friends and family. Beautifully restored, our bus features a fantastic audio/visual system, perfect for holiday and birthday parties as well as other special occasions. Enjoy transportation to and from any or all of our single evening tours, as well as our full-day vacation packages. Call 423.743.WALK (9255) to inquire about booking the bus for a day, or a night out with a group of your friends, family, or co-workers. Visit the website at AppalachianGhostWalks.com for full details. All tours are perfect for children as a positively spooky and fun family adventure!
GET YOUR EVENT LISTED HERE! To have your event listed with us, email us or call (423) 323-4660.