Wow, do we have some exciting events lined up just for YOU this Summer!
See our list of events below. Have one you'd like to add? We got you covered, and best of all, it's free! If you have an upcoming regional event, send us an email with "Event Registration" in the subject line. We're happy to help! And be sure to
Share this page with your friends on Facebook!
Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 8th Annual Historic Blountville Flea Market
8th Annual HISTORIC BLOUNTVILLE FLEA MARKET & YARD SALE
8th ANNUAL HISTORIC BLOUNTVILLE FLEA MARKET AND YARD SALE, 9 AM to 4 PM, Great Stage Road, downtown Historic Blountville.
In its 8th year, this year’s HISTORIC BLOUNTVILLE FLEA MARKET AND YARD SALE is sure to please and has something for everybody! It’s a “flea marketer’s paradise”, with bargains galore! Indeed, it’s the day of the “Big Game”, and vendors are expecting a larger crowd for this year’s market!
Music will be provided by Tennessee Larue and Shin Bone Alley. This unique band will perform will be playing several different genres of music including Rock, Blues, Americana, Oldies and Country.
Food vendors include Dixie Delight, Mr. C’s Barbeque, Funnel Cakes and More and others. Foods include barbeque ribs, barbeque chicken, pulled pork, deep fried oreos and moon pies, hot dogs, hamburgers, pork skins, snow cones, kettle corn, nachos, chili cheese fries and more. In addition, the Blountville Ruritan will be serving soup beans and cornbread!
As an added attraction this year, the Old Deery Inn and Museum will be open for tours during the day. Step back in time as you visit this lovely hidden gem in downtown Historic Blountville! Tours include rooms of beautiful antiques inside the 2-story inn, and visitors will also enjoy seeing the dependency buildings including the old brick kitchen, slave quarters, blacksmith shop and more! A must-see for early Tennessee history!
Vendor spaces for the Historic Blountville Flea Market and Yard Sale are $15, first-come, first-serve basis… Better hurry! Pre-registration and fees required by Friday, September 2, 2016. For additional information, please contact the Sullivan County Department of Archives and Tourism at (423) 323-4660. Don't miss this one! CLICK HERE FOR REGISTRATION FORM. For additional information, please contact the Sullivan County Department of Archives and Tourism at (423) 323-4660. Don't miss this one!
Saturday, September 10, 2016 - Battle of Bristol
Bristol Motor Speedway, Bristol, TN. College football's biggest-ever game... Virginia Tech and Tennessee will face off in this much-anticipated Battle at Bristol.
Friday-Sunday, September 16-18, 2016 - Bristol Rhythm & Roots Reunion
2016 Bristol Rhythm & Roots Reunion! Super exciting weekend coming September 16-18, 2016! Don't miss your chance to see Loretta Lynn, The Indigo Girls, Houndmouth, Béla Fleck & Abigail Washburn, Marty Stuart, Keller Williams, Hayes Carll, the Darrell Scott Band, Cracker, Steep Canyon Rangers, and many more amazing artists performing at Bristol Rhythm 2016 this September 16-18, 2016!
September 24, 2016 - HISTORIC BLOUNTVILLE CIVIL WAR DAYS
2016 BATTLE OF BLOUNTVILLE CIVIL WAR REENACTMENT
BLOUNTVILLE CIVIL WAR DAYS SET FOR SEPT. 24, 2016
The Battle of Blountville Reenactment Committee has announced plans for “Blountville Civil War Days”, a 1-day living history event to be held from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., on Sat., Sept. 24, 2016, near the old Sullivan County Courthouse in downtown Historic Blountville. The event will include skirmishes and numerous living history demonstrations that will depict life during the Civil War. The event is free and open to the general public. For additional information, please contact Ric Dulaney at (423) 863-5247 or the Sullivan County Department of Archives and Tourism at (423) 323-4660. Be sure to visit our Facebook page!
BATTLE OF BLOUNTVILLE MILITARY PARK WELCOME SIGN DEDICATION
11 AM, Sat., Sept. 24, 2016, Hwy. 394 and Blountville By-Pass, downtown Historic Blountville.
The Battle of Blountville Civil War Military Park Executive Board cordially invites you to the special dedication of the Welcome Sign for the Battle of Blountville Civil War Military Park at 11 AM on Saturday, September 24, 2016. Be sure to attend this park dedication and be a part of history in the making! Location is at the corner of Highway 394 and Blountville By-Pass in downtown Historic Blountville. Information at (423) 323-4660.
October 21, 2016 - Sullivan County Heritage Tourism Meeting
10 AM to 12 Noon, 2nd Floor Commission Room, Historic Sullivan County Courthouse, downtown Blountville, TN.
November 5-6, 2016 - "A WALK IN THEIR BOOTS" - Special Event
December 10-12, 2016 - Christmas at Historic Blountville
6 PM, Thursday, December 10, 2016. Blountville Christmas Tree Lighting will begin at 6 PM, followed by some joyous Christmas caroling led by the Blountville Middle School Choir under the direction of Darren Malcolm.
2 PM, Saturday, December 12, 2016. Blountville Ruitan Annual Christmas Parade in downtown Blountville. Registration is not required, and parade entrants will line up at Keystone Drive beginning at 1 PM. Participants are encouraged to have entries with an Independence Day theme. The parade route will begin at Keystone Drive, continuing through downtown Blountville and ending at the Historic Sullivan County Courthouse. Event is sponsored by the Blountville Ruritan. The event is free and open to the general public.
- Blountville Farmers Market, 12 Noon, each Thurs., April through October, located behind the old Sullivan County Courthouse at Blountville. Info at 423.323.4660.
- Cooper's Gem Mine, 11 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday, and 12 Noon to 5 PM on Saturdays, from the 1st of April through October 31. For group tours and information, please call (423) 323-5680. Beginning in October 2015, an online store will be available at coopersgemmine.com and will include natural artifacts.
- Kingsport Farmers Market, 7 AM to 1 PM, Wednesdays and Saturdays, corner of Clinchfield and Center Streets. Info at 423.246.6550.
- Bristol Farmers Market, May 1 thru October 31, Saturdays 7 AM to Noon, and Wednesdays 3 PM to 7 PM.
- Antique Car Show, Friday nights, 6 PM to 8 PM, May thru October, 2012, TriSummit Bank parking lot across from the train station in downtown Bristol. Info at 423.646.7780.
- Appalachian Ghostwalks, ongoing daily/nightly tours. Reservations required. Interested parties should call (423) 743-WALK (9255) for reservations.
- Netherland Inn, Open Saturday and Sunday - May through October.
Hours: 2p.m. to 4p.m. Admission: Adults $4.00 and age 6 and under $1.00.
Group Tours: April through October by appointment- School, Civic and Church Groups Welcome!
- Old Deery Inn and Museum. Step back in time as you visit this lovely hidden gem in downtown Historic Blountville! Tours include rooms of beautiful antiques inside the 2-story inn, and visitors will also enjoy seeing the dependency buildings including the old brick kitchen, slave quarters, blacksmith shop and more! A must-see for early Tennessee history! Tickets are $5 per person; children under 12 are $3. (423) 323-4660.
- Sons of the Confederate Veterans, John Singleton Mosby Camp #1409, meets at 6PM, 4th Monday of each month, Mama's House Buffet, John B. Dennis Parkway, Kingsport, TN.
- Sons of the Confederate Veterans, Lt. Stephen Powell Camp, meets at 7PM, 3rd Monday of each month, 2nd Floor Commission Room, Sullivan County Courthouse, Blountville.
- Sullivan County Historical and Genealogical Society meets at 7PM, 3rd Thursday evening of each month, 2nd Floor Commission Room, Sullivan County Courthouse, downtown Blountville. Free admission. General public is cordially invited. (423) 323-4660.
- TAMHA Traditional Appalachian Music Heritage Association holds jam sessions at 6PM every Friday at the Anderson Townhouse in historic downtown Blountville. Jams are also held from 2-4 PM at the Bristol Tennessee Welcome Center on the 2nd Saturday of the month. Free and open to the general public.
- Mountain Mysteries Bus Tours -
An exciting year-round adventure. Explore the mysteries of your mountain heritage... Get ready for a fun group or family adventure that you'll treasure for a lifetime! The Appalachian GhostWalks Tour Bus is now available for regional tour and charter services for groups of five, or more, up to a maximum of fourteen of your friends and family. Beautifully restored, our bus features a fantastic audio/visual system, perfect for holiday and birthday parties as well as other special occasions. Enjoy transportation to and from any or all of our single evening tours, as well as our full-day vacation packages. Call 423.743.WALK (9255) to inquire about booking the bus for a day, or a night out with a group of your friends, family, or co-workers. Visit the website at AppalachianGhostWalks.com for full details. All tours are perfect for children as a positively spooky and fun family adventure!
GET YOUR EVENT LISTED HERE! To have your event listed with us, email us or call (423) 323-4660.