List your event here! The Sullivan County Department of Archives and Tourism cordially invites you to list your regional event with us, and best of all, it's free! If you have an upcoming tourism event, or an event pertaining to regional history or genealogy, send us an email with "Event Registration" in the subject line. We're happy to help!
Share this page with your friends on Facebook!
Saturday, February 13, 2016 - A Tribute to Tennessee Ernie Ford
The Birthplace of Country Music Museum is proud to partner with The Paramount Chamber Players to produce a one-of-a-kind evening dedicated to the music of Tennessee Ernie Ford. The concert, on what would have been Ford’s 97th birthday, will feature songs from Ford’s vast repertoire performed by The Paramount Chamber Players, special guests The Jeff Little Trio, a choral ensemble and vocal soloists, along with accompanying narration. The two-hour concert will include something for everyone: gospel tunes, country boogie tunes, patriotic and folk songs, a new rendition of “Sixteen Tons,” and the premiere of a hymn arrangement by Ann Holler, which was commissioned especially for the concert. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (423) 274-8920.
Sunday, February 14, 2016 - An Evening With Colin Hay
Colin Hay, former front man for Men At Work, has released twelve solo albums since then and is now on tour to promote his next album Next Year People on February 17th. For information, please email email@example.com or call (423) 274-8920.
Friday, February 19, 2016 - Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon
The Black Jacket Symphony offers a unique concert experience by recreating classic albums in a live performance setting with a first class lighting and video production. A selected album is performed in its entirety by a group of hand-picked musicians specifically selected for each album. With no sonic detail being overlooked, the musicians do whatever it takes to musically reproduce the album. Following the album and a brief intermission, the Black Jacket Symphony returns to the stage to perform a collection of greatest hits by the evening's artist. For information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (423) 274-8920.
Friday, March 4, 2016 - Dailey & Vincent
Dubbed by CMT as the “Rockstars of Bluegrass,” the Dailey & Vincent duo has been hailed throughout the music industry as one of the most exciting, reputable and elite Bluegrass bands in America, having won numerous awards for their uniquely contagious and riveting music, including: three Grammy Award Nominations for the 2014 “Bluegrass Album of the Year;” 14 IBMA Awards (International Bluegrass Music Awards) as three-time “Entertainer of the Year,” three-time “Vocal Group of the Year” and “Album of the Year” and four Dove Awards with three “Bluegrass Album of the Year” awards and “Bluegrass Song of the Year.” For information, please email email@example.com or call (423) 274-8920.
Saturday, April 16, 2016 - XFINTY 300 & PittLite 125 NASCAR Series
Bristol Motor Speedway. The XFINITY Series races at Bristol routinely put on one of the best shows in the motorsports. If you have not experienced it, now is the time to get your tickets and be a part of it all at the World’s Fastest Half Mile. Information and ticketing at www.bristolmotorspeedway.com, or call (866) 415-4158.
Sunday, April 17, 2016 - Food City 500
Its April Baby! Come on back to the Last Great Colosseum for our new spring NASCAR Weekend, April 15-17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now for as low as $64 with kids pricing (12 and under) starting at just $32. Weekend packages are also available, starting at just $89. Information and ticketing at www.bristolmotorspeedway.com, or call (866) 415-4158.
April 23-24, 2016 - Battle of Tazewell
Details to be announced.
April 30 and May 1, 2016 - Spring Garden Fair
10-5 p.m. Saturday, April 30, and 12-5 p.m. Sunday, May 1, Exchange Place Living History Farm, 4812 Orebank Rd., Kingsport, TN. The Fair focuses on springtime activities on an 1850s farm and the sale of thousands of plants, garden accessories and related crafts, with an emphasis on herbs, native, and heirloom plants. Each year the Fair features garden walks and talks, children's activities, traditional music, and baked goods. For more information, call 423-288-6071.
Wednesday, August 20, 2016 - Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Bristol Motor Speedway
Saturday, August 20, 2016 - Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race
NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, Bristol Motor Speedway. Fierce clashes and heart-stopping finishes are hallmarks of the most popular race in NASCAR, and if history’s any indication The Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race is guaranteed to entertain guests with yet another epic battle inside the Last Great Colosseum. Information and ticketing at www.bristolmotorspeedway.com, or call (866) 415-4158.
September 23-25, 2016 - Battle of Blountville Civil War Reenactment
Details to be announced.
- Blountville Farmers Market, 12 Noon, each Thurs., April through October, located behind the old Sullivan County Courthouse at Blountville. Info at 423.323.4660.
- Cooper's Gem Mine, 11 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday, and 12 Noon to 5 PM on Saturdays, from the 1st of April through October 31. For group tours and information, please call (423) 323-5680. Beginning in October 2015, an online store will be available at coopersgemmine.com and will include natural artifacts.
- Kingsport Farmers Market, 7 AM to 1 PM, Wednesdays and Saturdays, corner of Clinchfield and Center Streets. Info at 423.246.6550.
- Bristol Farmers Market, May 1 thru October 31, Saturdays 7 AM to Noon, and Wednesdays 3 PM to 7 PM.
- Antique Car Show, Friday nights, 6 PM to 8 PM, May thru October, 2012, TriSummit Bank parking lot across from the train station in downtown Bristol. Info at 423.646.7780.
- Appalachian Ghostwalks, ongoing daily/nightly tours. Reservations required. Interested parties should call (423) 743-WALK (9255) for reservations.
- Netherland Inn, Open Saturday and Sunday - May through October.
Hours: 2p.m. to 4p.m. Admission: Adults $4.00 and age 6 and under $1.00.
Group Tours: April through October by appointment- School, Civic and Church Groups Welcome!
- Old Deery Inn and Museum, Tours are by reservation for group tours of 8 or more. Tickets are $5 per person; children under 12 are $3. (423) 323-4660.
- Sons of the Confederate Veterans, John Singleton Mosby Camp #1409, meets at 6PM, 4th Monday of each month, Mama's House Buffet, John B. Dennis Parkway, Kingsport, TN.
- Sons of the Confederate Veterans, Lt. Stephen Powell Camp, meets at 7PM, 3rd Monday of each month, 2nd Floor Commission Room, Sullivan County Courthouse, Blountville.
- Sullivan County Historical and Genealogical Society meets at 7PM, 3rd Thursday evening of each month, 2nd Floor Commission Room, Sullivan County Courthouse, downtown Blountville. Free admission. General public is cordially invited. (423) 323-4660.
- TAMHA Traditional Appalachian Music Heritage Association holds jam sessions at 6PM every Friday at the Anderson Townhouse in historic downtown Blountville. Jams are also held from 2-4 PM at the Bristol Tennessee Welcome Center on the 2nd Saturday of the month. Free and open to the general public.
- Mountain Mysteries Bus Tours -
An exciting year-round adventure. Explore the mysteries of your mountain heritage... Get ready for a fun group or family adventure that you'll treasure for a lifetime! The Appalachian GhostWalks Tour Bus is now available for regional tour and charter services for groups of five, or more, up to a maximum of fourteen of your friends and family. Beautifully restored, our bus features a fantastic audio/visual system, perfect for holiday and birthday parties as well as other special occasions. Enjoy transportation to and from any or all of our single evening tours, as well as our full-day vacation packages. Call 423.743.WALK (9255) to inquire about booking the bus for a day, or a night out with a group of your friends, family, or co-workers. Visit the website at AppalachianGhostWalks.com for full details. All tours are perfect for children as a positively spooky and fun family adventure!
GET YOUR EVENT LISTED HERE! To have your event listed with us, email us or call (423) 323-4660.